Friday, September 16, 2011

POP Pilates

First if anyone knows me and is reading this, I understand how impossible it is to believe me. But I am telling you!!!! As sure as the sun rose this morning I did this.
Pilates!

There I said it!
Ok seriously
its not that funny to imagine!
Yes my face did go bright red
Yes my butt is so so so so so sore!
No I didn't do it once, but today was my 5th day in a row.

I would post a video... actually I would never do that!

I have hit the ripe old age of 23, and I suppose that is when it all stops! Truthfully I was running up the stairs when I noticed an extra bounce in my step, and it wasn't a good bounce! There were sever reprocutions that followed that bouncing! Now I am all for health... sometimes... I do enjoy a cheeseburger on a weekly basis, and I love to dip my fries in mayo! (This could be the reason for the extra bounce!) I also love flax seeds and fiber and drinking lots of water. If I had my way I would probably eat something with squash or sweet potato in it every night. But my fantastic husband would probably die! The reality I know 4 women who I can name that can eat anything and I mean anything and not feel sick after it and are fantastic looking women who have all had kids! ( yes they still look like lovely Top Shop Models)
Most people have to work out, and be active to keep in good shape. I am not a fan of being active. I do not come from an active line of people, accept my Poppy (grandpa) who was a runner when he was in school. In high school I started the year with being able to do a half push up. My teacher would get us to do those 90 degree angle ones, awful awful things! So I could get down to the half way point and couldn't get up, my arms would start shaking, my face would get all red, then I would collapse. By the end of the year I could still only do a half push up. Then there was sports, and I am not going to even go there.
Here I am several years later starting to notice how out of breath I am running up the stairs. On Monday I started to do pilates, and I am really enjoying it. I have some more energy and I can keep up with the instructor... ok fine... I can almost keep up with the instructor. But so far its been really challenging, and I have been really sore.

Here are the two videos I have been doing. The instructor is a little too chatty and she plays music in the background. Once you get the basic steps I just turn up something else to drown her out! She does do a lot of helpful movements.

POP Pilates for Beginners:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCg_gh_fppI&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL5156DA1124E875FD
Butt Blaster:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q7L673i8OY&feature=related     

If you try it and are sore let me know!

1 comment:

  1. hey becky it's betsy. well done on the pilates bit. i've been doing this ballet/pilates thing on saturdays and it makes me so sore on a sunday! i really should do it more often. :-)

    ReplyDelete