Tuesday, August 23, 2011

a mini project

So my husband and I have just made a huge move, and we are waiting to be proper grownups with a schedule and steady work...this most hoped for schedule should be happening in September.  As of the rest of august I'm not doing a whole lot. In fact currently I feel as if I resemble Rapunzel from Tangled, aside from her long, pretty blond hair.
I have a new theme song, a little modified.

" 9am the usual morning sleep in
Start on the chores and sweep till the floor's all clean
Windex and mop, laundry, a general wipe up
clean again and by then its 9:15
and so I'll read a book or maybe 2 or three
paint some birds and write with black india ink
I'll play the violin, and maybe facebook creep
and wonder when will a job begin.

Then after lunch, its Yahtzee, and jam making
a paper wall and other paper crafts
folding the clothes, a cup of tea,  re decorating
then I'll walk, mail letters, look at trees, pick a flower

I'll find another book and decorate again
vaccume the floor and paint some more some where
I'll cook and eat and eat and eat and drink more tea
and wonder when will a job begin."

I am really not that desprate, although it seems like it.
The point of this post was to do a quick and easy little decor idea. Paper Wheels.

 Like this one here.



 First find an old book that you don't care about any more. Now wait. I know you book people out there, just calm down... I happen to be one of those people my self.  "Ripping up a book, who does she think she is, Book stores are going under, soon we wont have books any more. Books will be those ancient stone tablets put in museum's. Don't do it. Don't rip it up!"
To be honest I think i just convinced myself with my own argument. Just take two pages... that's all you will need. the front and back one maybe...

 This book happens to teach you about charcoal drawing. The guilt is crippling.
Take one page and fold it like a paper fan, alternating sides.
 Ok I had to switch books, I ended up getting carried away with the fan idea, back and forth, back an forth. Before I knew it that one was done.
This is an Old dictionary I found at a thrift store. I am still haunted by my own argument.
After you are done with the fanning, fold the paper in half.

Do the same to the other page and put the two fan's back to back.
 This is some string... like you couldn't have guessed that!
 Tie the string around the creases. Make it nice and tight.
 This is what it should look like.
 Then you can tape the gaping edges with some clear tape. Go all the way around until you have a wheel!

In the very center you can hot glue a button to the center. Or make a paper flower, ect, ect.








There you have it! A Paper wheel! I am going to hang them on a skinny wall in our living room. To do that you can just attach them with a small nail. Do not hot glue them to the wall! I know no one by myself would thing that's a genius idea....as  I scrub paper and glue off the dry wall.
Have fun!!!






1 comment:

  1. I love this! I want to make some for my Christmas tree!
    I love your blog becky! You're the best.
    From Amie

    ReplyDelete